Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Still You Forgive.

Today. I am already convicted.

How does a life begin and end so suddenly...how is a life taken so flippantly...how is a death the end of all things?

We take time off of work, we cancel previous engagements, we cry in corners, and hold family members until the devilish sobs that wrack their bodies slowly wear off.

"Everything I need, is You!"

We make cries like that. But so often they're not true of our hearts for very long. We go back to being calloused, hard, uninterested in each other's lives.

Ministry. A sharpened word for Christian career. Not a lifestyle so often. An on-the-clock, paid position. That's what it has turned into in America.

"Abba Father have Your way!"

What is it that makes us weep when people die? It's more than missing them...it's more than their pain...it's more than our pain.

"Let the cross draw men to You!"

I think we cry and hurt so much at funerals because it proves what is next. And we're simply not prepared to deal with it, most of the time. When I watched my Great Grandma pass away, and held her hand as she breathed for the last time, and she looked at me right be fore she died...I knew there was an afterlife. A heaven. And a hell. I knew my Great Grandma was going to be with God...I saw that her life wasn't over...her soul wasn't dead...it had simply MOVED.

"The enemy has been defeated, death couldn't hold you down, we're gonna lift our voice in victory, we're gonna make Your praises loud! Shout out to God with a voice of triumph, shout out to God with a voice of praise! Shout out to God with a voice of triumph, we lift Your name up!"

We must live as we preach...we must act as a result of His death...we must...as a result of His resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment